Blogging is one of the latest trends in the internet communities these days. Everyone wishes to have their own blogs and many people even make their personal blogs and update them on a daily basis in the hope that many people will read the postings on the blog. These days even the medical professionals have begun to set up blogs in the hope of being able to help people with answers to their queries.
People happen to have opposing views about blogs, while some people feel that blogs are helpful in gathering information and getting answers to queries, there are others who feel that blogs are not worth reading since the information posted on them is not authentic.
There are certain reasons because of which people have begun to have negative views about the whole concept of healthcare blogs:
· Blogs are basically posted by people using their own opinion. There is no process in place which can authenticate the information posted on the blogs. Since healthcare is a sensitive topic and requires authentic information for people to refer to; not having an authentic proof is one of the biggest drawbacks of the healthcare blogs and this is one of the major reasons why people see less traffic on the healthcare blogs.
· For anyone to have regular web traffic visiting his/her blog, he/she needs to regularly spend time in updating the blog and also in devising strategize of retaining the readers’ attention. This surely requires time and discipline which not everyone can put in on a long term basis.
· When it comes to the healthcare products, blogs have been unsuccessful in promoting the sales of products and the reason has been the same, people are not convinced about the authenticity of the products being sold online over the blogs.
· If we go through go through some of the statistics which are related to the number of people who search for healthcare information on the internet we would be surprised to know that millions of people go online to search for answers to their healthcare queries. Now people may refer to information which is authentic and is basically found on sites dedicated to the purpose of providing relevant healthcare information however people don’t usually refer to blogs for the purpose of healthcare information.
· If we wish to have our healthcare blog and hope that we would be able to attract people to our blog for the purpose, it would involve a lot of hard work. Every day we would need to post new pieces of relevant information on our blogs ad ensure that we spend time in understanding the psychic of our readers. Once we are able to understand the type of information our readers are looking for we would have to post information in accordance to what they are looking for and then we can rest assured that we would be able to have a lot of web traffic directed to our healthcare blogs.
Healthcare blogs have still not won the confidence of the public, people need to state the ways of authenticating the information they have posted on their healthcare blogs if they choose to get and retain web traffic on their healthcare blog.